2020 Fire Sculpture Artist Application - see our News Release
Since 2009, Silver Skate Festival has hosted a fire sculpture installation. This spellbinding spectacle of light serves as a finale to the Silver Skate Folk Trail.
Throughout each day of each weekend, a team of fire artists will be building a sculpture that will be burned at 7:45pm on each of those days. Each day features a different team of artists. The fire represents renewal and the release of thoughts that make us sad or any fear or regret that chases love from our hearts. In the Storytelling tent the public is invited to write down any of the aforementioned thoughts to be offered to the fire sculpture.
Members of the public are also invited to make a lantern at the Workshop tent adjacent to the Storytelling tent from 4-7pm and a lantern procession at 7:30pm makes its way to the fire circle for the burn.
Each evening ends with some lively entertainment from our main stage and everyone lives happily ever after.
2020 Fire Sculpture Teams
- Fri 7 Feb: "Serotinous" - lead artist Alicia Proudfoot
- Sat 8 Feb: "Dina’s Dragon Riders" - lead artist Loren Albrecht
- Sun 9 Feb: "Hostel Evolution" - lead artist Don Haug
- Fri 14 Feb: "Cremative Minds" - lead artist Steven Teeuwsen
- Sat 15 Feb: "Lucky Blaze" - lead artist Randall Fraser
- Sun 16 Feb: "Char-Char and the Burnt Toes" - lead artist Kevin Green